- Follow GHS Innovation Lab on WordPress.com
Follow us on Twitter!My Tweets
- photographycollage on The Social Studies Teacher
- Suzanne B. Hale on On Risk-Taking, Constructive Criticism, and Gratitude
- Student Voice [Full Post] | GHS Innovation Lab on Standards, NOT standardization!
- Anastasia Brien on Standards, NOT standardization!
- Mark Hines on Standards, NOT standardization!
Monthly Archives: January 2015
Mike may have taken the reins for a west coast wrap-up, but this week, his eloquent dialogue and witty banter makes way for my more colloquial summary. The week in review! At the end of a long meeting yesterday, we were … Continue reading
It’s taken a snowstorm, a changed flight and the honor of writing a weekly wrap-up to get me to write a post under five-hundred words. So I promise I’ll be brief. On the last day of the conference, Rob Riordan, … Continue reading
What happens when you ask a fish to climb a tree? A look at differentiation and the High Tech High model
Built into High Tech High’s design principles is the idea of personalization, which they define as “knowing students well, tapping into student experience and interests, and building a strong sense of community.” When you walk around the halls of HTH, … Continue reading
Over the last couple days at High Tech High, I’ve honed my own internal description of what project-based learning really is. I’ve realized that “projects” we do are sometimes more appropriately classified as activities. As we hold up PBL as … Continue reading
Ever since I joined the Innovation Lab team, I’ve heard about High Tech High (HTH), a network of public charter schools in San Diego. The other InLab team members who visited last year described it in quasi-religious language, a mythical … Continue reading
Imagine the feeling you get when you walk into a trendy coffee shop or a new space in a friend’s home. You can imagine yourself being productive, losing yourself in a book, or on an endless internet search for something … Continue reading
It’s been a short week at Innovation Lab – our high school had a half day Wednesday and midterms on Thursday and Friday. A few thoughts from early in the week: 1. Making our model work within our high school’s … Continue reading
1. Today marks the self-imposed, initial deadline for students to sign up for Innovation Lab. We’re close to two-thirds full and will keep accepting students on a first-come first-serve basis. The feeling among the team is positive about where we’re at; … Continue reading