- Follow GHS Innovation Lab on WordPress.com
Follow us on Twitter!My Tweets
- photographycollage on The Social Studies Teacher
- Suzanne B. Hale on On Risk-Taking, Constructive Criticism, and Gratitude
- Student Voice [Full Post] | GHS Innovation Lab on Standards, NOT standardization!
- Anastasia Brien on Standards, NOT standardization!
- Mark Hines on Standards, NOT standardization!
Monthly Archives: June 2016
As our inaugural year winds down, we, teachers, reflect on our experience as well. The year-end is always a bittersweet time; I never feel as if I have done enough, helped enough, challenged and taught and championed and supported enough. I am often reminded of Maya Angelou’s famous line: “When we cast our bread upon the waters, we can presume that someone downstream whose face we will never know will benefit from our action.”
If only we knew the impact.
But this year, we have a remarkable opportunity for which I am grateful… we will join our students further down the river, and we will continue together again next year. That is enough. Continue reading
“Imagine that you enter a parlor. You come late. When you arrive, others have long preceded you, and they are engaged in a heated discussion, a discussion too heated for them to pause and tell you exactly what it is … Continue reading