Thank you for your interest in Greenwich High School Innovation Lab!
On this page you will find details about how to apply, as well as a variety of resources for additional information.
We also welcome you to attend any of our parent/student information sessions!
Parent/Student Information Sessions:
Thursday, December 1, 2016, 7:00 PM
Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 7:00 PM
Monday, January 9, 2017, 7:00 PM
Information sessions will begin in Cantor House Room 517 and will include a tour of our classrooms, a description of the program, and a Q&A with faculty and current students.
Students who will be enrolled at Greenwich High School in Fall 2017 as a sophomore or a junior are eligible to apply!
To apply to Innovation Lab for the 2017-2018 school year, students should:
- Complete the 2017-2018 Student Application online.
- Schedule a visit to “shadow” in Innovation Lab classes to learn more about Innovation Lab and its approach to learning. We recommend that students plan to visit both STEM and Humanities classes for approximately 1 hour each. Please speak to your GHS Guidance Counselor, stop by Room 517 in downstairs Cantor, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to schedule your visit!
- Submit the 2017-2018 Signature Page signed by the student, his/her parent/guardian, and his/her GHS Guidance Counselor. You can bring your completed Signature Page to Room 517 in downstairs Cantor house.
- These steps may be completed in any order. Please complete all parts of the application process
by the early action deadline of Friday January 13, 2017as soon as possible! We will continue to accept students on a rolling basis as room is available.
For More Information:
- Check out our video showing Innovation Lab from the students’ perspectives!
- Follow our Twitter for photos of class and other updates
- Check out the What is Innovation Lab? or Why Innovation Lab? pages
- Schedule a visit to rooms 500, 517, or 518 at any time. Students and parents welcome!
- Email a teacher or email email@example.com
- Read our comprehensive 2016 GHS Innovation Lab Update to the Board of Education
- We have a whole page devoted to great examples of other innovative schools
- Our educational philosophy is best explained through these videos
Some comments from Innovation Lab Parents:
“Innovation Lab is preparing my child for real life: be accountable, responsible; a team player and an innovator.”
“This experience has enlightened my daughter so much, she now has an eagerness to learn and work toward higher goals.”
“This has been a great experience for [our son]. He said to us at dinner that it has been really challenging academically but also really valuable. He said his teachers all know him incredibly well and that they work really well collaborating. The group work has been great and he has gained great problem solving skills as well as gaining lots of experience with public speaking… We all feel like these are real world skills which will benefit him well into his future.”
Some comments from Innovation Lab Students:
“So far, this year has been amazing… The way that classes are structured and how enjoyable they are makes school days fly by. It is an amazing feeling. At the same time I also feel like we have covered so much ground only a couple of months, in all subject areas.”
“Innovation Lab has inspired change in my life.”
“This is a program for people who are eager to learn new things in a different way, and that is why I love it.”