Parent/Student Information Sessions:
Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 6:30 PM
Information sessions will begin in Cantor House Room 517 and will include a tour of our classrooms, a description of the program, and a Q&A with faculty and current students.
Students who will be enrolled at Greenwich High School in Fall 2018 as a sophomore or a junior are eligible to apply! (We are also accepting students as mid-year sophomores; email us for information.)
To complete an Innovation Lab for the 2018-2019 school year, students should:
- Sign up to join us for a “shadowing” day on February 1st, 2018! Please speak to your GHS Guidance Counselor, stop by Room 517 in downstairs Cantor, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to schedule your visit!
- Complete the 2018-2019 Student Application online.
- Submit the 2018-2019 Signature Page signed by the student, his/her parent/guardian, and his/her GHS Guidance Counselor. You can bring your completed Signature Page to Room 517 in downstairs Cantor house.
- These steps may be completed in any order. Please complete all parts of the application process as soon as possible! We will continue to accept students on a rolling basis as room is available.
For More Information:
- Check out our video showing Innovation Lab from the students’ perspectives!
- Follow our Twitter for photos of class and other updates
- Check out the What is Innovation Lab? or Why Innovation Lab? pages
- Email a teacher or email email@example.com
- Read our comprehensive 2017 GHS Innovation Lab Update to the Board of Education (starts on page 19)
- We have a whole page devoted to great examples of other innovative schools
- Our educational philosophy is best explained through these videos
Some comments from Innovation Lab Parents:
“Innovation Lab is preparing my child for real life: be accountable, responsible; a team player and an innovator.”
“This experience has enlightened my daughter so much, she now has an eagerness to learn and work toward higher goals.”
“This has been a great experience for [our son]. He said to us at dinner that it has been really challenging academically but also really valuable. He said his teachers all know him incredibly well and that they work really well collaborating. The group work has been great and he has gained great problem solving skills as well as gaining lots of experience with public speaking… We all feel like these are real world skills which will benefit him well into his future.”
Some comments from Innovation Lab Students:
“So far, this year has been amazing… The way that classes are structured and how enjoyable they are makes school days fly by. It is an amazing feeling. At the same time I also feel like we have covered so much ground only a couple of months, in all subject areas.”
“Innovation Lab has inspired change in my life.”
“This is a program for people who are eager to learn new things in a different way, and that is why I love it.”